Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
I'm probably super dense, but I'm making the jump to Final Cut Studio and I can't figure a damn thing out.

Trying to take an iMovie '11 file that is shared with the media browser and put it into a DVD Studio 4 project. But I can't find where to import that asset, and it doesn't seem to have native access to the iLife media browser.

Do I just have to export it directly to a quicktime file from iMovie? Is there a proper way to do this workflow and I'm just dense?

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
I'm probably super dense, but I'm making the jump to Final Cut Studio and I can't figure a damn thing out.

Trying to take an iMovie '11 file that is shared with the media browser and put it into a DVD Studio 4 project. But I can't find where to import that asset, and it doesn't seem to have native access to the iLife media browser.

Do I just have to export it directly to a quicktime file from iMovie? Is there a proper way to do this workflow and I'm just dense?

Having made this transition recently myself, the 2 "workflows" I found for this were to as you suggest export it to Quicktime and Import it again, or to take the iMovie Files into Final Cut Pro and then out to DVD Studio Pro directly. Id be interested if theres a better way Ive missed as well xD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.