Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Westy1963

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Hi guys I know this is a redundant question but someone please help me before I go mad. I have a iphone 3gs with all the lastest software and I used to be able to put my ringtones on it then in one of the software changes it has stopped allowing them in fact it will not sync them at all.
I have read heaps of your replies here and gone to the apple help but I am missing something. my ringtones are .m4r (fixed this up after anim8ors coment)
they are on my computer pc windows seven but refuse to appear in my sounds - ringtones I have spent three hours trying to make this happen please help
Yes all ringtones are less than fourty seconds and actual phone selected and ringtone box ticked it use to work but has now stopped aint tech a bitch

Last edited:

Westy1963

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
They did work then just stopped??? and the people that I had different to std ringtones with I couldnt answer phone to it was seizing up phone??

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
Do you have music/movies/etc. set to sync MANUALLY or Automatically?

Those settings apply to ringtones as well. If manual, then you need to 'drag' the icon of the ringtone file(s) over to the icon of the iPhone in the left side of iTunes, under Devices.

Also, maybe tomorrow's iTunes announcement will finally bring us a 'cloud' method of syncing wirelessly. One can hope.

Westy1963

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Selected songs playlists to sync I dont understand manuel ?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.