Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atlascott

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2001
I do not know what it is called (supposedly has a new name, not just "G5 Tower"), but I have just been sent pics of the new tower from a friend of sorts who works at a tech place that got an advanced copy. I am cropping the pics (hide the source) and will post them as soon as I have "fixed" them. It looks very similar to what has been posted by Chevelle But get this:

THE BIGGEST PROCESSOR HOAX!!!!

Dude, the Dual G5 at 1.6 GHz is ready to ship, with a top-speed G5 at 1.8 (actually runs under 1.8, like 1.7-something). High end gets Airport 2 and a 100 GB HD. Still no USB 2 or Firewire 2. Tests confirm an increase by almost TRIPLE of processing speed (Photoshop) in comparing the SINGLE G5 Tower to the 867 MHz Dual processor G4. No stats for the Dual G5, tho'...

You also get a free washer/dryer in the extra 5 1/2" bay, but you can only wash and dry one item at a time, but the new Superdrive irons your shirt, with three different starch settings! Awesome! Also, you get a pony with the new iMac, which is going back to a 6800 series processsor at 32MHz...and they're bringin back the single density, single sided floppy...

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
California
Okay...

Where are the pics???

And your last paragraph makes me weary, and makes me wonder if this is all a joke and lie about this G5.

G5 boxes have been circling all around the place... Big firms have been recieving them for testing (Macworld, IBM, Adobe, Macromedia etc...)

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
NO

Originally posted by atlascott
I do not know what it is called (supposedly has a new name, not just "G5 Tower"), but I have just been sent pics of the new tower from a friend of sorts who works at a tech place that got an advanced copy. I am cropping the pics (hide the source) and will post them as soon as I have "fixed" them. It looks very similar to what has been posted by Chevelle But get this:

THE BIGGEST PROCESSOR HOAX!!!!

Dude, the Dual G5 at 1.6 GHz is ready to ship, with a top-speed G5 at 1.8 (actually runs under 1.8, like 1.7-something). High end gets Airport 2 and a 100 GB HD. Still no USB 2 or Firewire 2. Tests confirm an increase by almost TRIPLE of processing speed (Photoshop) in comparing the SINGLE G5 Tower to the 867 MHz Dual processor G4. No stats for the Dual G5, tho'...

You also get a free washer/dryer in the extra 5 1/2" bay, but you can only wash and dry one item at a time, but the new Superdrive irons your shirt, with three different starch settings! Awesome! Also, you get a pony with the new iMac, which is going back to a 6800 series processsor at 32MHz...and they're bringin back the single density, single sided floppy...

NO. I want double density. Single sided is OK though. Now, back wo reality: is this some kind of joke (the first paragraphs, not the last.)

iomar

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
iWalk sounds Good but we need even better!

This sounds good... but I got at it kind of late, the video is no longer online. I just hope that iWalk includes a cell phone and MP3 player as well. I am looking forword ...

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
hello, hello....is this thing on? I need your full attention please: THIS HAS BEEN A JOKE. Thank you. that is all.

atlascott

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2001
Gus got it right

Its a joke! I thought that the last paragraph made it pretty clear, but I guess I can see how, with all the crazy hype, someone could take it seriously. I have just been SOOOOO tourqued over all the hype I had to thow some humor out there! Sorry guys (and gals)!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.