Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Komic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Stoke-on-trent
Hello all,

I picked up a 13" '08 Macbook pro, everything's great apart from a dvd being stuck in the drive.

I've tried all the usual tricks that come up on google, holding eject/trackpad on start up, eject in commands/itunes and the thin piece of card under/over the disc but nothing has worked.

When holding eject it sounds like the disc hits something as it tries to eject but due to the felt I can't see inside to see what it is?

Anyone had this problem before? I've contemplated getting the screw driver out but not being massively competent with taking computers apart it's a last resort.

Any help massively appreciated!:)

smeg36

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've had this happen to a friend's computer. I was able to get the disk out by ejecting while holding the computer with the drive opening facing the ground. Disk came right out.

Komic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Stoke-on-trent
No joy.

Tried that and holding it at 45 degrees and all sorts, might have to resort to getting out the tools or paying someone.

Ferry888

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009
Hello all,

I picked up a 13" '08 Macbook pro, everything's great apart from a dvd being stuck in the drive.

I've tried all the usual tricks that come up on google, holding eject/trackpad on start up, eject in commands/itunes and the thin piece of card under/over the disc but nothing has worked.

When holding eject it sounds like the disc hits something as it tries to eject but due to the felt I can't see inside to see what it is?

Anyone had this problem before? I've contemplated getting the screw driver out but not being massively competent with taking computers apart it's a last resort.

Any help massively appreciated!:)

Maybe this will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUqfS_ACuPI

ridnhard19

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
Worst case you'll have to take the drive out then apart. I had to do that when one of my disks was stuck. Couple screws, no big deal. They tape the optical drive on one of the sides; but if you remove the screws you can open it enough from the non-taped side to pull the disk out.

No one will ever know ;) Good luck.

Komic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Stoke-on-trent
I think I'll have to get the screwdrivers out, thanks for the suggestions though, just hoped I wouldn't have to go down this route, mostly due to laziness rather than a fear of stupidity taking over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.