Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zRedbullz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
UK
Hello,

I recently bought a new MBA, coming from a Powerbook G4.

To my surprise, Omnigraffle is no longer included as part of the Mac bundle. IIRC, Apple always used to include the app in their bundle in all computers sold.

Why not now?

Have Omnigraffle severed their ties with Apple?

Thanks

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
The last Omni app that I got was OmniOutliner when I bought my first Intel mini in 2006. My newer mini that I got last year didn't really come with any third party bundled software. Just the latest iLife.

zRedbullz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
UK
Interesting that Apple no longer include third party bundles..

It's a bit of a long shot, but can I copy over my Omnigraffle app from old Mac to my latest one?

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
The easiest way is probably to use the migration assistant tool, but I don't know if that works from a PPC to an Intel Mac. The way I've done it is using Pacifist, which allows you to install individual package bundles without running the main install utility (which will almost certainly tell you that the bundle can only be installed on the original Powerbook G4).

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Interesting that Apple no longer include third party bundles..

It's a bit of a long shot, but can I copy over my Omnigraffle app from old Mac to my latest one?

Omni apps are really well written: just drag and drop the application bundle. It's self contained.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.