Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gfc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2009
Ok i have Macbook 13' (not pro)
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M with 256 MB VRAM

So am i gonna be able to play the game on this?

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Yes.

25 man raiding at 85 might push your machine a bit hard, but lower some settings and you'll be fine.

Upgrading to 10.6 is only $29 btw, might be worth it.

Systemreqs: http://us.blizzard.com/support/arti...parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=2671

Minimum:
Mac® OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.4, or newer:
- Intel processor
- 2 GB RAM or higher
- 25.0 GB available HD space
- 4X DVD-ROM Drive
- Broadband Internet connection

*Note: Due to potential programming changes, the Minimum System Requirements for this game may change over time.

Recommended Specifications
Mac® OS X 10.6.4 or newer:
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor - NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better
- 4 GB system RAM
- Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel

Margaret Minor

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2010
Yes, I think all computers can play wow. WoW do not need a high Configuration requirements. Have you preordered it?

Cboss

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2008
Colorado
You'll be able to play it fine. It runs on my Macbook with an Intel X3100 graphics card, which is much worse than yours. You'll have to set most every setting to minimum in large raids though.

gangan

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2010
CATACLYSM'S System Requirements

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

YOUR MACBOOK BE ABLE TO PLAY CATACLYSM.
WORLD OF WARCRAFT CATACLYSM'S System Requirements:

Required
Operating System: MicrosoftWindows 2000/XP/Vista
Processor: Intel Pentium® III 800 MHz or AMD Athlon 800 MHz
RAM: 512 MB or more of RAM
Video Card: 32 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForceTM 2 class card or above
Hard Drive Space: 6.0 GB available HD space
Online/Multiplayer: A 56k or better Internet connection

;)
You will konw detail that login http://www.allcdkey.com/WOW-US-Cataclysm-Expansion-Pack.html website.

gfc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2009
Yes, I think all computers can play wow. WoW do not need a high Configuration requirements. Have you preordered it?

Nope, not yet. Thats why i have posted here, cause i was wondering will am i be able to run it properly (without settings on high ofc).

Shivetya

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
You need to upgrade to 10.6 and patch it to have all graphics features in Cata available. Certain features don't work if your at 10.5 or below.

LOLaMac

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

How is your machine now in the Northrend zones? In ICC25? How it handles these areas is a good indicator on how it runs in the old world when Cataclysm comes out. Although the zones are changing, it's not like there will be all new, super high poly count mobs, and the textures, from what I've seen, are not appreciably better than the Northrend areas.

If you can comfortably handle the content in WotLK, you should be ok in Cata; If it's borderline, then you might want to think about upgrading, or live with dialing the settings down from your current config.

gfc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2009
How is your machine now in the Northrend zones? In ICC25? How it handles these areas is a good indicator on how it runs in the old world when Cataclysm comes out. Although the zones are changing, it's not like there will be all new, super high poly count mobs, and the textures, from what I've seen, are not appreciably better than the Northrend areas.

If you can comfortably handle the content in WotLK, you should be ok in Cata; If it's borderline, then you might want to think about upgrading, or live with dialing the settings down from your current config.

I had no problems at all during the WotLK, only in dalaran i have lots of lag during the evenings.

FullCollapse

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2006
Oneonta, NY
the graphics requirements were changed in the latest patch (4.0.1). if your computer runs the game acceptably now, you should be fine for the expansion.

gfc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2009
the graphics requirements were changed in the latest patch (4.0.1). if your computer runs the game acceptably now, you should be fine for the expansion.

Did they? Hmm haven't noticed. Ok thanks for your help guys, lets wait and pray i can run it smoothly and level up my druid :D:D:D

mguasch

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2011
Macbook and Cataclysm

I have the exact same computer as you and I play perfectly. Just set the settings down to "fair" and you can raid easily :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.