Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newtoiphonesdk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
After a couple of days with everything working fine, i run into a problem. I will be watching something with home sharing and in the middle of it, the video stops and goes back to the main menu. This has happened to me twice now and always while I'm watching a movie over home sharing. Any ideas?

pilot25dmc

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2010
Happened to me a few times too, I think its a fault in the connection between the AppleTV and iTunes.

I have to resest mine every few days as it stops connecting to my iTunes library and sometimes loses the wifi connection after walking from sleep.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Mine has never stopped mid-movie, but every once in a wile I would be watching a tv show, and when one episode ends I get up to go get a glass of water or something from the kitchen, when I return 5 mins later the connection has been lost and I have to close iTunes and the re-open in.

I didn't realize that it was an issue others were having, I just thought it was something to do with my connection and set-up (my house was pre-wired with ethernet cables to every room, so even though my iMac and Apple Tv are far apart, they're both connected by Ethernet with a strong connection)

cadillac1234

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2010
I was having problems with as well.

I am running a dual band AE and for some reason the 5ghz sometimes goes flakey which caused my iPad and one of my Apple TVs to jump to the 2.4ghz band.

The homesharing sees each band as a different network even though they are going through the same router.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.