PDA

View Full Version : Cross platform use of iSight/iChat?

Vanilla
Jan 14, 2005, 07:44 AM
Is there any way that iSight/iChat AV can communicate with a PC user who is using MSN Messenger and a USB Webcam?

I have a couple of friends abroad with Apple computers and of course we have great fun communicating via iSight/iChat but the vast majority of my mates are PC owners who use MSN Messenger and various USB webcams to communicate.

I've heard that iChat can communicate with AIM users but is there any chance that I can interact with a PC user using MSN? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for how to AV with a PC user when you have an iSight as your webcam?

cheers
Vanilla

varmit
Jan 14, 2005, 07:46 AM
Is there any way that iSight/iChat AV can communicate with a PC user who is using MSN Messenger and a USB Webcam?

I have a couple of friends abroad with Apple computers and of course we have great fun communicating via iSight/iChat but the vast majority of my mates are PC owners who use MSN Messenger and various USB webcams to communicate.

I've heard that iChat can communicate with AIM users but is there any chance that I can interact with a PC user using MSN? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for how to AV with a PC user when you have an iSight as your webcam?

cheers
Vanilla

They are two different chat networks, one by AOL and one by MS. So no, there is not cross chat networks video chat yet. Yahoo can do it, even just one way so they see you. Or the person can get a free AIM acount.