PDA

View Full Version : ATV Flash Progressing for New Apple TV

StuB
Nov 17, 2010, 03:11 AM
Saw this story on my Macworld (UK) email news letter yesterday:

ATV Flash Progressing for New Apple TV, Beta Soon (http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/210671/atv_flash_progressing_for_new_apple_tv_beta_soon.html)

"..the developer is pretty close to finishing an aTV Flash update for the new Apple TV. Apps like Couch Surfer (the Web browser) and Last.fm are coming along nicely.."

Be very interesting if they can do anything for accessing media directly from the AppleTV without a "server".

bitfactory
Nov 17, 2010, 09:27 AM
Saw this story on my Macworld (UK) email news letter yesterday:

ATV Flash Progressing for New Apple TV, Beta Soon (http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/210671/atv_flash_progressing_for_new_apple_tv_beta_soon.html)

"..the developer is pretty close to finishing an aTV Flash update for the new Apple TV. Apps like Couch Surfer (the Web browser) and Last.fm are coming along nicely.."

Be very interesting if they can do anything for accessing media directly from the AppleTV without a "server".

If this enables the user to stream videos from a NAS in a variety of formats I'll pick up two AppleTVs.

coryndiego
Nov 18, 2010, 01:09 AM
This is very cool but if it's $50.00 like the ATV1 version I'm not sure it's worth it.

StuB
Nov 18, 2010, 03:22 AM
From my perspective, 99 and then (guessing) 40 for the ATV Flash (black) wouldn't be a bad overall price if it allows me to either access a locally connected HDD or a NAS rather than leaving my Mac on for streaming all the time.

If it doesn't let you do either of these I would probably not be interested.

hfthomp
Nov 18, 2010, 09:56 AM
This is very cool but if it's $50.00 like the ATV1 version I'm not sure it's worth it.

Just like with ATVFlash for the ATV1 I'm sure there will be a free way to do everything they are going to be able to do.

coryndiego
Nov 18, 2010, 12:15 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

I would pay for the service/capabilities but no more than $10.00 or so. I want developers to be able to make a living and continue to develop great software but $50.00 is steep. iPhone apps are generally .99 - 9.00 and I think that's a good model for and iOS device. The most i've paid for an app is $15.00 and I use it often and think for the depth of information it provides, it's fair. (Audubon California)

rcm3
Nov 19, 2010, 04:06 AM
$19 would be a hot spot for this software.

For $50, I'd have to do more thinking about it.

gunthermic
Nov 19, 2010, 04:21 AM
However right now they are offering ATV Flash if you have ATV 1 and you get ATV2 for free. not bad..