Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
sorry about crap pic it was on the fly yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_6407.JPG
    IMG_6407.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 424

jp70

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
Palmdale, CA
Lasted 1 hour...

Did the same thing....hated it. It came with a couple of nicks in the back from the git go. I didn't bother with the return, the shipping back to China would of cost more than the part. I'm hoping a vendor will make a matte rubber backing to replace the back of the phone. There may already be one out there, just haven't found it yet.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
Did the same thing....hated it. It came with a couple of nicks in the back from the git go. I didn't bother with the return, the shipping back to China would of cost more than the part. I'm hoping a vendor will make a matte rubber backing to replace the back of the phone. There may already be one out there, just haven't found it yet.

I would LOVE to get a matte rubber backing. I would be able to remove my case if they offered that.

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
mines not actually that cover, was taking some pics and took a quick one of the iPhone in horrible light and turned out grey-ish... mines a standard black iPhone FTW :cool:

heres a webcam pic coz i cant be bothered to move :D

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 198

cypher23

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2008
I actually got the same back plate for my iPhone 4 and don't really like it as I thought I would when I bought it. Oh well….I'll probably sell it to somebody who cracked their OEM back plate.

The LPT

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2010
can you take pictures with it and post it on here. I read somewhere that it affects your camera pictures by giving them a dark haze around the shot. My guess is the backplate sticks out too far and it getting in the camera's field of view.

angusslo

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2009
I've also got that backplate today and I'm still deciding to put or not to put it on my iPhone.

and it's not metal, just some very alumminish-painted plastic.

jasonforisrael

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2008
lol if apple made the phone like this originally people would have ate it up. "it's just like the MBP. gorgeous!"

just like how everybody said ip4 design when leaked couldn't be real because it looked horrible. now there are about 5 people on this board that say they'd rather have the 3gs.

you all eat up whatever apple dishes out, and if apple doesn't dish it out, you hate it .

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Doesn't happen with my radio :confused:

FTR I have a metal back for my iPhone and it doesn't seem to affect it. Now, obviously, when I hold it in my hand covering the black stripes signal does go down, just like how it goes down when using the OEM black back.

angusslo

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2009
I am still struggling between installing it or dumping it.
I like it, because it makes iPhone kinda look like MBP, but I'm not sure about the camera issue posted few posts ago.

RulinSmoove

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
My friend and I ordered the same back plate from cnn.cn, about $18 shipped. Looks cool, but I'm gonna sell it to a friend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.