Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
I'm interning at an NGO and in the nonprofit community one of the big things is the promotion of articles by likeminded organizations. The NGO I'm with has a few other NGOs that they partner with, and it is currently stands, I'm in charge of creating an RSS feed for all of their blogs and manually reposting them to our site (obviously linking to them).

We use WordPress on one blog, and there is another blog I'm about to be put in charge of and they haven't told me what it runs. That being said, is there a way to have blog entries from the few close partners we have automatically posted to our blog, with credits and a link to the original blog post included as well? This would streamline the workload for future interns and allow me more time to write articles.

Many thanks!

DJBenE

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010
Rowland Heights, California
I'm interning at an NGO and in the nonprofit community one of the big things is the promotion of articles by likeminded organizations. The NGO I'm with has a few other NGOs that they partner with, and it is currently stands, I'm in charge of creating an RSS feed for all of their blogs and manually reposting them to our site (obviously linking to them).

We use WordPress on one blog, and there is another blog I'm about to be put in charge of and they haven't told me what it runs. That being said, is there a way to have blog entries from the few close partners we have automatically posted to our blog, with credits and a link to the original blog post included as well? This would streamline the workload for future interns and allow me more time to write articles.

Many thanks!

You're looking for these:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-o-matic/
http://projects.radgeek.com/feedwordpress
:)

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Thanks! It looks like the each do the same thing, so I would only use one or the other, right? Do you have a thought as to which one is better?

DJBenE

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010
Rowland Heights, California
Thanks! It looks like the each do the same thing, so I would only use one or the other, right? Do you have a thought as to which one is better?

No prob. And, yep, one or the other. They both do the same thing. Personally I've used wp-o-matic and it does the job very well so I can only say for that one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.