Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toxic53

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
Does anyone know why its not in the US Store anymore? Kinda weird

LostOnTheLine

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2010

I just ripped my DVD OF Avatar & was tagging it in MetaX. I got to the cnID & went to find it in the store & found it gone.

Is there anyone who downloaded it before it was removed who can post the cnID ('Catalog ID' in MetaX on the 'Advanced' tab)?

None of the tagChimp entries are that complete & none have it. I'll do some grooming when I get it so others can find it & hopefully when they put it back (You ARE planning to put it back, right Cameron?) they'll use the same cnID

Last edited:

Gaelic2

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
Mountains of N. California
Avatar? Isn't that the film where the nasty capitalists are ruining their world with the aid of our savage marines and everyone applauds the killing of the Marines? Hollywood gave out Oscars for this? :confused:

LostOnTheLine

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2010
@Gaelic2 This Forum isn't for griping about your difference of opinions with Hollywood.

I think I may have the cnID for Avatar.

I found this link { http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/...18&s=143441&uo=2&v0=WWW-NAUS-ITSTOP100-MOVIES }

Which SHOULD mean that the cnID is: 354112018

The link opens iTunes & says that the item isn't available in the US Store. When in the UK or Canadian store, it says to change stores, then says it's not available in the US store.

I don't like the end of the link, but if you take off the extra stuff it still takes you to iTunes with the same stuff.
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewMovie?uo=2&id=354112018&s=143441

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Avatar? Isn't that the film where the nasty capitalists are ruining their world with the aid of our savage marines and everyone applauds the killing of the Marines? Hollywood gave out Oscars for this? :confused:

Oh please. Its a fictional movie its not like its al-qaida killing marines and people are cheering. No offense but thoughts like yours is why censorship happens. Also if you see the movie they aren't Marines they are ex-military that are hired as mercenaries pretty much. Jake is the only one they state was a former marine and he becomes the hero.

Not to mention when I saw the film it was at a theater on a military base in Iraq. Not one soldier seemed to feel offended by the movie since the entire theater stood up and cheered and clapped after it ended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.