Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
I ordered a 13" yesterday online. The order says 3-5 business days before shipping with an estimated delivery date of the 22nd-30th.

I checked and called. Still hasn't shipped. No additional information.

Meanwhile, I checked what the website says tonight for a new order.
Now it says 1-3 business days with an estimated delivery date of the 19th-29th.

How can ordering it a day later result in a delivery date a day sooner?

For those experienced in Apple shipping practices, does that mean my order will arrive sooner than the expected 22-30th, or would a new order, made 30 hours later actually arrive sooner? If so, I should cancel my order and create a new order.

I'm worried because we're heading out of town day after thanksgiving. If its not here by the 24th, it will end up going back to Apple because we wont get it for weeks.

periopdoc

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2009
Kalispell, Montana
Keeping in mind that it is coming from China, and it is early afternoon in China as I am typing this, you will likely see it ship tonight your time.

I placed my order last night at 2330 local (Mountain) time and, despite the stated 3-5 business days before shipping statement, mine is now listed as shipped (Shipment information sent to FedEx) with an estimated delivery Nov 22, 2010 by 12:00. That status changed from "Prepared for Shipment" at ~2230 local time.

I am in the same boat as you are, hoping to get it before Thanksgiving for travel purposes.

It looks like we will have plenty of time to transfer stuff over from our old computers before leaving town.

Cheers.

- pod

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
I placed my order last night at 2330 local (Mountain) time and, despite the stated 3-5 business days before shipping statement, mine is now listed as shipped (Shipment information sent to FedEx) with an estimated delivery Nov 22, 2010 by 12:00. That status changed from "Prepared for Shipment" at ~2230 local time.
Mine just says 'Not shipped'.
Did you choose expedited shipping? When I tried it, it didn't change the estimated delivery dates so I didn't choose it. I could still add it if it makes a difference.

halledise

macrumors 68000
I ordered a 13" yesterday online. The order says 3-5 business days before shipping with an estimated delivery date of the 22nd-30th.

I checked and called. Still hasn't shipped. No additional information.

Meanwhile, I checked what the website says tonight for a new order.
Now it says 1-3 business days with an estimated delivery date of the 19th-29th.

How can ordering it a day later result in a delivery date a day sooner?

For those experienced in Apple shipping practices, does that mean my order will arrive sooner than the expected 22-30th, or would a new order, made 30 hours later actually arrive sooner? If so, I should cancel my order and create a new order.

I'm worried because we're heading out of town day after thanksgiving. If its not here by the 24th, it will end up going back to Apple because we wont get it for weeks.

it'll come the first date they say it will - or perhaps even a day or 2 earlier - mine did :D

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
it'll come the first date they say it will - or perhaps even a day or 2 earlier - mine did :D

Apparently not.

It did ship last night. But FedEx is reporting it will get here the 24th by 4:30pm. Last possible minute before we leave. No room for error. Shipped on the 18th, getting here on the 24th. Seems like my order got the slow boat (plane) from China.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Apparently not.

It did ship last night. But FedEx is reporting it will get here the 24th by 4:30pm. Last possible minute before we leave. No room for error. Shipped on the 18th, getting here on the 24th. Seems like my order got the slow boat (plane) from China.

FedEx sometimes updates their shipping estimates. They always say 4:30 since that's what they guarantee in your area. It depends on how close you are to the FedEx distribution center and what their route is. Most "4:30 guaranteed" deliveries to me arrive in the morning.

neumanngroup

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2010
I ordered mine on November 11, 2010 at 10:50am PST and it is still listed as "Not Yet Shipped" with an estimated delivery between November 18th (today) and the 24th.

I ordered the ultimate 13" so perhaps that is why it has not shipped yet? My history of Apple shipping (and my College does plenty of it) is that usually it ships instantly if it is not a custom order. If custom it will take at least one week.

I hope I get it before Thanksgiving!

pinzip

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2010
I ordered my "ultimate" 13" MBA this afternoon "Nov 18, 2010 at 11:29 AM PST" and it said: "Shipped on: Nov 19, 2010 via FEDERAL EXPRESS" with "Estimated delivery Nov 24, 2010 by 4:30 PM " which I assume is China time. That's amazingly fast. I'll know when it arrives.

neumanngroup

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2010
Finally on November 19th UPS gave me a tracking number but then the delivery date got pushed out a week and it now said November 26th for delivery.

I checked again today November 20th and now it says that the package is "In Transit" and the estimated delivery day has been removed. I hope it arrives before Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving day would mark a 2 week delivery time. That is a bit long in my opinion.

neumanngroup

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2010
Finally on November 19th UPS gave me a tracking number but then the delivery date got pushed out a week and it now said November 26th for delivery.

I checked again today November 20th and now it says that the package is "In Transit" and the estimated delivery day has been removed. I hope it arrives before Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving day would mark a 2 week delivery time. That is a bit long in my opinion.

Wow, I just checked again now and it is in Alaska! I hope it is delivered soon. It is also now marked as "Expedited" so that may help. Fingers crossed...

s2dio

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2010
Riga, Latvia
my Macbook Air has shipped a few days before the estimated shipping (one week) and the iPhone has shipped 4 days before (two weeks).

neumanngroup

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2010
I am now on the 4th day in Louisville. I am guessing it will not be delivered before Thanksgiving. Oh well. Why does it take so damn long in Louisville?

almostjay

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2010
It took approximately 55 hours for me to get mine from MacMall (ordered on a Tuesday afternoon and accepted delivery early Thursday evening). It was pretty awesome.

lembowski

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2010
Ordered mine on November 22nd in the evening. It was shipped out early this morning and has an expected delivery date of November 30th. So pretty much 1 week for it being built and delivered 1/2 the world away from me.

neumanngroup

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2010
Finally got an update. It is leaving Louisville soon enough. Delivery date is set for November 26th.

Ordered on November 11th
Delivered on the 26th. Which is a day when my office is closed, so I really will not get it until November 29th.

All in all, it took 15 days to deliver a 13" ultimate. Perhaps a bit too long compared to other posts on this message forum. I am still happy and look forward to next Monday!

neumanngroup

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2010
Arrived today! November 29th. Missed last Friday as my office was closed. Now doing migration assist. Eagerly awaiting to try it out.

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
New York
Mine arrived 3 or 4 days before fedex said it would. Randomly checked the tracking and it was out for delivery.

alexjohnson

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2010
Ordered a BTO 11" ultimate on Friday from the UK. 24 hours shipping went to three days because I specified a US keyboard (I HATE the inverted-L return key and mis-placement of the tilde). Now I'm using the UPS app to track its progress. Tracking is so funny - once I thought it was literally amazing that a package for me could be tracked with such precision hurtling around the world. Having left China for Korea and avoided being shot down by the Norks, now I'm looking at it being in Almaty, Kazakhstan, and wondering "WTF?!" It's probably a very sensible place for a sorting depot being right in the geographic centre of Asia but it seems like the most random and obscure place in the world. If an earlier thread is correct, that plane then stops in Warsaw, Poland before being trans-shipped in Cologne, Germany, and then to the UK. Which is all kind of amazing logistically but means end-to-end my delivery will take six days if it arrives on time. Six days! I need my MBA NOW!

sush

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
I ordered a base 11 inch model Sunday evening to avoid a long waiting period. It has been shipped on Monday and should have arrived today (in Austria) but apparently it is now stuck in Belgium due to weather conditions.

cili0

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2010
Italy
I ordered my MBA 13.3'' 1.86Ghz 4GB CTO yesterday through apple on campus. The order detail page says it will require 3 workdays, but the extimated arrival is setted to 15th Dec.

quite strange, I always thought apple already has a stock of 13.3'' with 4GB of RAM.

do you think it's normal?

ciao!

Somechineseguy

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2010
I ordered my MBA 13.3'' 1.86Ghz 4GB CTO yesterday through apple on campus. The order detail page says it will require 3 workdays, but the extimated arrival is setted to 15th Dec.

quite strange, I always thought apple already has a stock of 13.3'' with 4GB of RAM.

do you think it's normal?

ciao!

black friday probably cleaned them out. I bought mine then, same config, estimated delivery is tomorrow

cili0

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2010
Italy
i still find strange that it says 3 workdays while stating that i will receive the computer on the 15th of December.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.