Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xeonet32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Hi there,

I've just purchased a new MacBook Air 11inch maxed and i have a few questions, if you can guide me please:
- how can i know what model/rev is my actual macbook air and when it was made?
- i heard some early version of macbook airs had some problems with their display. do you know for what rev that was happening?
- how can i be sure that i'm reformatting right the battery? how long should i wait to charge? what should be the procedure?

Thanks a lot!

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
1. http://www.appleserialnumberinfo.com/
This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

Apple on notebook batteries

Apple Portable: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance

Laptop Battery Guide

Also have a look at the following links to learn more about Mac OS X:

Mac OS X Basics

Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

"How to maximise your MacRumors troubleshooting experience" created by mad jew in 2006

MRoogle is a good tool to search these fora for already existing threads about questions you have. It might be able to answer you quicker than waiting for an answer.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
You have what's called the "Rev D" model. Check "About this Mac" under the Apple menu and you'll see that you have "MacBook Air 3,1."

Charge the battery full right away. Apple has some instructions on its website for calibrating the battery (once a month if you don't regularly use it on battery power).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.