PDA

View Full Version : Testing iBook G4 RAM

dfischler
Jan 14, 2005, 05:15 PM
Does anyone know if there's something like the Apple Hardware Test out there for the iBook G4? I've got the early 2004 12" model, and it didn't come with the AHT disc that previous iBooks did. I'm especially interested in testing the RAM that came with the computer, as well as the RAM I've installed in it.

maya
Jan 14, 2005, 05:23 PM
Does anyone know if there's something like the Apple Hardware Test out there for the iBook G4? I've got the early 2004 12" model, and it didn't come with the AHT disc that previous iBooks did. I'm especially interested in testing the RAM that came with the computer, as well as the RAM I've installed in it.

Surprising all Apple hardware comes with the Hardware Test CD. In any case you can try "TechTool" and "TechTool Pro", its tests the ram and other hardware of your Mac. :)

diamond geezer
Jan 14, 2005, 06:47 PM
It does come with hardware test, just not on a separate CD. One of your DVDs will have "AHT V 1.x" somewhere on it.

It is probably on the "additional Software" disc.

maya
Jan 14, 2005, 07:16 PM
It does come with hardware test, just not on a separate CD. One of your DVDs will have "AHT V 1.x" somewhere on it.

It is probably on the "additional Software" disc.

:: scratching heading :: All my notebooks purchases from Apple has the Hardware Test CD on a separate CD.

Even as of recent. :)

I know that iLife is on the same install CD as Panther when you buy a new Mac. :)

Littleodie914
Jan 14, 2005, 07:53 PM
What exactly do you mean by testing the RAM? Just to see if it all shows up, or what kind/speed it is? The System Profiler, found in the Utilities folder, is a great app for figuring out the little things about your hardware. It might be what you're looking for. ;)

maya
Jan 14, 2005, 07:58 PM
What exactly do you mean by testing the RAM? Just to see if it all shows up, or what kind/speed it is? The System Profiler, found in the Utilities folder, is a great app for figuring out the little things about your hardware. It might be what you're looking for. ;)

Testing as to see if it all works without errors.

The SysProfiler will show what hardware is registered. The hardware test is to see if it all works right. :)

Littleodie914
Jan 14, 2005, 08:40 PM
Testing as to see if it all works without errors.

The SysProfiler will show what hardware is registered. The hardware test is to see if it all works right. :)Ahh... I didn't know that :)

Guess that's something I'm gonna have to play with later tonight :D ;)

dfischler
Jan 15, 2005, 09:18 AM
The latest version of AHT is 1.4.2, and when I tried it, I was told it didn't work with my machine. At least that's the latest on a separate disc, and it's the latest mentioned on Apple's web site.

diamond geezer
Jan 16, 2005, 01:57 PM
Latest iBooks DO NOT have AHT on a separate disc.

CanadaRAM
Jan 17, 2005, 12:49 AM
Mac OSX
Rember http://www.kelleycomputing.net/downloads/Rember.dmg

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

maya
Jan 17, 2005, 02:28 AM
Latest iBooks DO NOT have AHT on a separate disc.

Then I must be dreaming since I bought the recent updated iBook and it came with an AHT CD in the box on a separate CD. :)

Or it could me a mistake and someone up there loves me. ;) :)

maya
Jan 17, 2005, 02:29 AM
The latest version of AHT is 1.4.2, and when I tried it, I was told it didn't work with my machine. At least that's the latest on a separate disc, and it's the latest mentioned on Apple's web site.

I will get back to you on this question in regards to the version of the AHT for the iBook. :)

diamond geezer
Jan 17, 2005, 02:07 PM
Then I must be dreaming since I bought the recent updated iBook and it came with an AHT CD in the box on a separate CD. :)

Or it could me a mistake and someone up there loves me. ;) :)

Hmmmm iBook 12" 1.2GHz has AHT V2.2.1 on the Additional software disk.

Some say that someone up there loves us all.