Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kieranic

Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
So basically a few of my friends updated their gamerpics when the new dashboard update was released as the Avatar Editor released new backgrounds that they could use for the gamerpics. However, my Xbox 360 is yet to update their gamerpic on my console, showing the old version, while Xbox.com is showing their most up-to-date gamerpic.

I contacted Microsoft Support and they told me to call Customer Support but I don't think it would get me anywhere quickly (I'll call them as a last resort I guess).

I had the thought of clearing the 360's Cache might fix this but I'm 100% sure. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
You could just delete your profile, and then "Recover" your gamertag back to the console. Don't delete any of your DLC or saves or anything like that, just your profile. When you recover it like that, the Xbox downloads all the most recent data related to you, your games played, friends, etc. That should fix it, and get you back sync'd up with xbox.com.

A previous dashboard update did something similar to this to me. I had games not showing all the available achievements, or not showing the icon for an achievement, etc. I just recovered my GT, and all was fine.

Kieranic

Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
You could just delete your profile, and then "Recover" your gamertag back to the console. Don't delete any of your DLC or saves or anything like that, just your profile. When you recover it like that, the Xbox downloads all the most recent data related to you, your games played, friends, etc. That should fix it, and get you back sync'd up with xbox.com.

I google'd this and many people are saying that doing this deletes my save (and possibly) how far I have gotten in Black Op's multiplayer online. I don't want to lose my saves or my progress in Black Ops Multiplayer.

Will I lose my saves (if so I'll just back my USB) and COD progress?
I emailed Xbox support again but I'll just post here since they'll probably give a "automated" response or something.

Thanks!

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
I google'd this and many people are saying that doing this deletes my save (and possibly) how far I have gotten in Black Op's multiplayer online. I don't want to lose my saves or my progress in Black Ops Multiplayer.

Will I lose my saves (if so I'll just back my USB) and COD progress?
I emailed Xbox support again but I'll just post here since they'll probably give a "automated" response or something.

Thanks!
Game saves and DLC are stored in the "Games" section of the Hard Drive, while the profiles are stored separately, so it shouldn't delete anything related to those. I didn't lose any of that stuff when I did it, but it can't hurt to back it up before, just to be safe.

Kieranic

Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
Game saves and DLC are stored in the "Games" section of the Hard Drive, while the profiles are stored separately, so it shouldn't delete anything related to those. I didn't lose any of that stuff when I did it, but it can't hurt to back it up before, just to be safe.

Thanks for the quick reply :) I'll do that tonight (and I'll back up my saves just to be on the safe side).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.