Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markbriley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
I've been using an iBook with the Airport Extereme card and my Linksys WRT54G router for several months now with no problems up until recently.
Now I can't connect to the internet using the Airport Extreme card. I can ping my local subnet, but I can't get to the "outside". Everything works fine using standard ethernet cable though.

Also, my iBook works fine with other wireless networks at Panera Bread or Barnes and Noble. To me it seems like it might be my router, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else had this problem? It seems to have occured after a thunderstorm, so maybe my router was damaged somehow. Any help would be appreciated.

3Memos

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
markbriley said:
I've been using an iBook with the Airport Extereme card and my Linksys WRT54G router for several months now with no problems up until recently.
Now I can't connect to the internet using the Airport Extreme card. I can ping my local subnet, but I can't get to the "outside". Everything works fine using standard ethernet cable though.

Also, my iBook works fine with other wireless networks at Panera Bread or Barnes and Noble. To me it seems like it might be my router, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else had this problem? It seems to have occured after a thunderstorm, so maybe my router was damaged somehow. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you able to connect via Airport the Linksys Configuration screen? If so, check your settings for Wireless. Try updating the firmware to 3.0 if it isn't so already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.