Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
Am I allowed to post a link in my sig to a current ebay listing (I'm selling a Mac Pro graphics card)?

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I personally don't see why not. People put links to their websites, mostly blogs and such, and some list Apps they have developed and sell, so I can't see how this is any different than a developer advertising their apps. However, since I am not a mod, I can only hope one answers your thread prior to your listing expiring.

And I would format it so that it isn't vague at all.

Such as -> Mac Pro Nvidia xx60HD graphics card for sale: Ebay listing.

Then just hotlink the words - Ebay listing.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
You may so long as the content of your posts don't include things pointing towards your signature and you're not spamming posts just so your signature has a higher chance of being seen.

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
Thanks for the info. The idea of spamming MR to sell a 2nd hand graphics card makes me sad – I've too much respect for such carry on!

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Since you should be able to access the MarketPlace, you could put it in there as well. Just post the eBay link and possibly some details (e.g. only through eBay with PayPal). I took a look and others were doing the same so I assume it's allowed (didn't see anything in the rules either).

Just a thought if you want more publicity to your auction

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
If I were you I'd make the whole sig a link. Easier for people to click on it if they can click anywhere in the sig ;)

Since you should be able to access the MarketPlace, you could put it in there as well. Just post the eBay link and possibly some details (e.g. only through eBay with PayPal). I took a look and others were doing the same so I assume it's allowed (didn't see anything in the rules either).

Just a thought if you want more publicity to your auction

Good idea, cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.