Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Why pay $30 for that when you can get the same thing from someplace like SGP for less than $20 and you don't have to see the ugly company logo on the product...

tracid

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
I got the SGP leather skinguard but I don't like it at all. That worst part is that it doesnt fit the back because its 2mm smaller around all sides.

jLp-PR

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2010
Bayamón, PR
I got the SGP leather skinguard but I don't like it at all. That worst part is that it doesnt fit the back because its 2mm smaller around all sides.

BINGO!

Exactly why I was asking about the leatherskins in another thread.

And I ain't buying one unless I get a 40-50% discount coupon for it.

The SGP leather skin has been a dissapointment.

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
difference though is that sgp is vinyl, Zagg is real leather

i took the sgp one off even with a bumper there was still exposed glass

that zagg one looks to be too big.

im happy with my carbon fiber 3m one, fits 99% of the rear glass

tracid

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

ItsJustafnPhone said:
difference though is that sgp is vinyl, Zagg is real leather

i took the sgp one off even with a bumper there was still exposed glass

that zagg one looks to be too big.

im happy with my carbon fiber 3m one, fits 99% of the rear glass

Why would sgp create the carbon fiber skin to fit to size but not the leather?

It's about 2mm smaller than the back.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I love the Zagg Leatherskin, both for my iPhone and iPad. It feels and fits great, I have the black one on my iPhone. However it does interfere with the flash when taking pictures, the cutout for the flash is very small. I guess it's possible I didn't get it applied perfectly, but the edges and around the camera all look as good as I could get them. I did contact Zagg and they say it is not an issue. They are sending me a replacement, and I will just cut the replacement out around the flash before installing it.

I did buy an SGP Leather Skin Guard also. Compared to the Zagg, it is garbage. Thin, feels like plastic. Not sure about fit, I could tell immediately it was not what I wanted so I never installed it. It does have the larger cutout for the flash though. I also contacted SGP ahead if time because I didn't want the Apple logo cutout, they still sent one with the cutout anyway:confused:.

tracid

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
I love the Zagg Leatherskin, both for my iPhone and iPad. It feels and fits great, I have the black one on my iPhone. However it does interfere with the flash when taking pictures, the cutout for the flash is very small. I guess it's possible I didn't get it applied perfectly, but the edges and around the camera all look as good as I could get them. I did contact Zagg and they say it is not an issue. They are sending me a replacement, and I will just cut the replacement out around the flash before installing it.

I did buy an SGP Leather Skin Guard also. Compared to the Zagg, it is garbage. Thin, feels like plastic. Not sure about fit, I could tell immediately it was not what I wanted so I never installed it. It does have the larger cutout for the flash though. I also contacted SGP ahead if time because I didn't want the Apple logo cutout, they still sent one with the cutout anyway:confused:.

Thanks for the info! Hope to hear from you mallack!

jLp-PR

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2010
Bayamón, PR

Have you tried the leatherskin with an Apple Bumper?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Have you tried the leatherskin with an Apple Bumper?

No, I just use the Leathersin without a case or bumper. I like the feel of the phone without a case, I just like the Leatherskin to keep the back from getting scratched when I set it down. Plus it always slides around when I lay it down on the glass back. It slides off my coffee table without something between the glass and the table.

jLp-PR

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2010
Bayamón, PR
No, I just use the Leathersin without a case or bumper. I like the feel of the phone without a case, I just like the Leatherskin to keep the back from getting scratched when I set it down. Plus it always slides around when I lay it down on the glass back. It slides off my coffee table without something between the glass and the table.

Maybe a picture? :D

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Why would sgp create the carbon fiber skin to fit to size but not the leather?

It's about 2mm smaller than the back.

oops sorry bough my 3m carbon fiber from

http://www.carbonbumper.com/

it fits perfectly vs the sgp rear skins that are all too small ( even with a bumper case)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.