Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

butterflygirl77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
When i was about 12 years old I had an old Apple Macintosh:apple:. I used to play this one game all the time, i would say it was an educational puzzle game, where you were a little eskimo and you had to maneuver around the icy levels, pushing ice blocks to keep polar bears and wolves and other arctic creatures from having access to you. Then you had to run around and collect letters to spell certain words. It was SO fun!!
But for the life of me i cannot remember what it was called :confused:
Please, if anyone knows what game I'm talking about, help me remember the name of the game! :D
Thanks!

butterflygirl77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
uhm...

no it was more of a kid's game:eek:, and it was around 1996 when i played it on apple mac. U are an eskimo and you have to block off polar bears and wolves with little ice cube blocks that u push around. I'm pretty sure Quake is a shooter game...:confused:

The Final Cut

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2009
i had a game like that, i hated it! it was called "mavis beacon teaches typing". it was my personal hell, learn to type buy saving penguins from falling into ice cold water...

butterflygirl77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
haha

i remember Mavis Beacon typing games. No this wasn't a typing game though, it was one where you moved an eskimo around with the arrow keys to collect letters of a word in order. I don't remember any penguins either, but there may have been. Thanks for trying though :)

robecq

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
Denmark
Speaking of typing / spelling games, there used to be one that I played in the mid 80's at school on a commodore 64.
You played a blonde secretary who was being chased by your fat boss :eek: . If you didn't type fast enough your boss caught up too you and felt you up :eek::eek: All this to the music of Dolly Partons hit 'Working 9-5'. Anyone remember what it was called?

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
Speaking of typing / spelling games, there used to be one that I played in the mid 80's at school on a commodore 64.
You played a blonde secretary who was being chased by your fat boss :eek: . If you didn't type fast enough your boss caught up too you and felt you up :eek::eek: All this to the music of Dolly Partons hit 'Working 9-5'. Anyone remember what it was called?

9 to 5 Typing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.