Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emachine87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I was wondering if there is in existence somewhere a fully matte back cover for the iPhone 4? The kind that you have to slide in and replace the stock glass one on your phone. If anyone has ever seen or used the Sprint HTC Touch should know what I'm talking about. I think that would be a hot ticket item bc it would give the user a pretty good grip and a decent amount of protection besides, who doesn't like the feel of a matte finish? lol Thanks

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
I've been looking for this, too. I'm sure it's only a matter of time, but I'm pretty surprised that we've seen wood, leather, metal and tons of printed plastic backs and still no matte! Come on, China! :p

Austin M.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Washington
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Why would you wanna do that? Just get the Ultra Matte from SGP or something.

emachine87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Because the whole point of having a matte back is so that the glass back can be preserved and more importantly to have an actual matte padding/feel on your phone. If I understand correctly the sgp product you mentioned is a film and not an actually back cover replacement. Here is a link to what I'm talking about:
http://www.geardiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/geardiary-htc-touch-02.jpg

And yes china should have them on the production lines lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.