Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Miglu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2010
When I build & run an application, the build succeeds, but I just get "GDB: Program Loaded" in the left corner, so that the application does not run. What is the cause of this problem?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Open the Debugger window. Has the app crashed? If so the debugger will show you where. The cause? Can't say without seeing the debugger output and your code but in general the cause is a mistake you have made.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
What does your program do? Does it have a UI or are you expecting text/terminal IO? If the latter have you got the console within XCode open?

Miglu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2010
It has a UI. I noticed that the same problem occurs on all of my projects, even on ones that worked previously. So the problem is in Xcode.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
It has a UI. I noticed that the same problem occurs on all of my projects, even on ones that worked previously. So the problem is in Xcode.

Hmm, have you installed a new version of XCode? Have you tried (as Windows as this sounds) rebooting?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.