Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maddin4j

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
Hello guys!

I recently had the problem that my iPhone got stuck at the boot screen so I had to do a full restore. I set my iPhone up as a new phone just to make sure that the problem won't happen again but unfortunately since my I was not able to access my iPhone I have lost all my application data.

I found this neat app called iPhone backup extractor and I was able to recover the iPhone data from an iTunes backup.

Basically I had the Documents and Library folder for every app but simply copying them onto the iPhone would either cause the app to crash on startup or make it unable to save my changes.

So I concluded that my permissions must have been set incorrectly. However, does anyone know which permissions to set for Documents and Library? Or perhaps the permission for the files inside these two folder?

Someone must have come across this. It'd be too much trouble to set up every app again. Especially with game saves.

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.