PDA

View Full Version : I was just thinking about AirPlay and...

stovetop6872
Nov 21, 2010, 03:01 PM
If I bought an HD version of Toy Story, for example, and the SD version is synced with my iPad, when I tap the AirPlay button on the iPad to stream to my Apple TV, it's only streaming the SD version, making it look really crappy on my TV...so basically you're going to have to stream from the computer if you want HD...?

anti-microsoft
Nov 21, 2010, 03:12 PM
If I bought an HD version of Toy Story, for example, and the SD version is synced with my iPad, when I tap the AirPlay button on the iPad to stream to my Apple TV, it's only streaming the SD version, making it look really crappy on my TV...so basically you're going to have to stream from the computer if you want HD...?

I think so, yes.

-Ams.

GottaLoveApple4
Nov 21, 2010, 03:21 PM
The iPad and iPhone 4 support 720p HD video playback and rentals/purchases from iTunes so therefore, it will stream HD video. If you have only the SD version synced to your iPad/iPhone, then yes, it will only be SD.:apple::apple:

KeithJenner
Nov 21, 2010, 05:22 PM

And if you have the HD version on your iPad it will stream the HD version.

Of course, Airplay will only throw the content that the device has. I don't see what your point is.

KeithJenner
Nov 21, 2010, 05:24 PM
Although it would be nice to have the option of buying the HD version from iTunes, but that isn't an option in most places.