Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
Has anyone tried a bluetooth spearkerphone kit similar to this? I want to get one for my iPhone 4 and I'm wondering if anyone has had a good experience using one of these.

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2008
i had the one above this from jabra...worked good but was not loud enough for me... i have an upgraded exhaust on my truck and when the truck is shifting i could not hear it very well...

i wound up getting the isimple gateway with the bluetooth module..now i have hands free thru the car speakers..

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
My car is pretty quiet when I'm driving. Was the connection good it just wasn't loud enough?

mrwinky

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2010
I just bought the wife the motorola T505

I gotta say I love this thing with the Iphone 4.

FM Transmitter works awesome, calls sound good, (mother in law told me I sounded very good on her end)

Bluetooth to FM Transmitter for Music was amazing, i have a cheap FM modulator I use now, but i get whine and static. Using the T505 was crystal clear. I cant say enough good things about it. But Again I only had it 2 days now...

Winky

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I just bought the wife the motorola T505

I gotta say I love this thing with the Iphone 4.

FM Transmitter works awesome, calls sound good, (mother in law told me I sounded very good on her end)

Bluetooth to FM Transmitter for Music was amazing, i have a cheap FM modulator I use now, but i get whine and static. Using the T505 was crystal clear. I cant say enough good things about it. But Again I only had it 2 days now...

Winky

I have this one as well, based on the recs from people here. Mostly, it's been a good piece of kit, but a few small issues:

-I've had occasional complaints about an echo from my end when on a call.
-The FM transmitter works best if your antenna is near the front of the car. If it's in the back, the transmitter is less effective.
-If you're in a metro area, it can be difficult to find an FM station that works. This is compounded by the fact that there's no way to set ONLY certain stations for use or to set a specific station by number. It's also not easy to quickly change the station on the unit without looking at the unit as the button is very small, located in the rear of the unit, and about half the time when pressed it turns the transmitter OFF rather than changing the station.

Overall, I do like it a lot. It's great to be able to have my Navigon directions broadcast through the stereo, along with my iPod, and I much prefer calls through this than using a Bluetooth headset. But it definitely could be significantly improved.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I had the T505 as well and I loved it for the most part but the biggest I had with it is that it didn't announce the name of the person who was calling me. It would only announce the number of the person calling if that person wasn't in my phonebook. Kind of useless. The s4 tells me who's calling so I don't even have to take my phone out of my pocket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.