Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erickdokendorf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
I've been stuck now using AI trying to come up with logo ideas and which name to use for my business. It is a personal training business, Body By Erick LLC. or Dokendorf Fitness LLC. are the two names. Any Ideas???

May 8, 2008
I've been stuck now using AI trying to come up with logo ideas and which name to use for my business. It is a personal training business, Body By Erick LLC. or Dokendorf Fitness LLC. are the two names. Any Ideas???

A bit of background information might be useful and you'll get more informative and helpful posts.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
...my business. It is a personal training business...

So you're not a designer, but you have a business, but don't value it and your brand enough to pay for the services of a professional visual communicator...

Let's take a look at what you've done in Illustrator. Export a JPG and let's see what the problem is with what you have so far.

erickdokendorf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
dokendorf_fitness.jpg

Looked at some of the logos in some of the other posts for ideas, mostly trying to use typography. I am just starting out the company and am going to look into getting a website and logo professionally designed but for the time being I was just looking to see if I can get a simple logo made up or ideas that I could send to a graphic designer. I wasn't looking for someone to create my logo on here. I was seeing if you all had any tips or advice on what I should and shouldn't do. Do you have any recommendations on who to go to to get one professionally designed?? Thanks!

erickdokendorf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Yeah... I wouldn't go with that.

Can you change your name?

I'm open to suggestions lol...ya my last name isn't too catchy is it... I haven't registered my LLC yet. Some of the ideas I had were:
dokendorf fitness - not good
body by erick llc
simple fitness llc
PowerUP fitness llc
Power-up fitness llc
renergize fitness llc
re-energize fitness llc
natural fitness llc
I have been trying to find an original name

Last edited:

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006
Dokendorf is memorable. If you have a lemon name, make lemonade out of it. If I were you and had a cool name like that, I'd just name my business as my last name and then maybe do a tag-line to go with it. Since you are in a personal business, you should brand your name unless you plan to franchise what you do.

As for the designs. Meh. Hire someone.

erickdokendorf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Dokendorf is memorable. If you have a lemon name, make lemonade out of it. If I were you and had a cool name like that, I'd just name my business as my last name and then maybe do a tag-line to go with it. Since you are in a personal business, you should brand your name unless you plan to franchise what you do.

As for the designs. Meh. Hire someone.

Good point! and I am going to hire someone for sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.