PDA

View Full Version : Transferring files to T608 Phone

ahmadof
Jan 15, 2005, 10:18 PM
does anyone know how to transfer files (ringtones, wallpaper, SMS etc) over blutooth to the sony T608? I have i sync working great and it connects via the bluetooth file exchange, but when i try to send a file, it says file not supported by the phone. what am i doing wrong? thanks

abhishekit
Jan 15, 2005, 10:37 PM
I have a T616 and I have transferred wallpapers. Infact I always keep my pb background and phone wallpaper same:) . T616 has images of size 288 by 352. You can check the resolution on T608 by viewing 'info' of any picture. So then you just change the resolution of the picture you want to send to 288 by 352 (or whatever that is) and there would be no problem.

I haven't tried ringtones but I think they are in midi format. So you need to convert whatever ringtone you are sending to that format.

cheers

IDANNY
Jan 15, 2005, 10:42 PM
I do the same thing as abhishekit with my t616. But I get free midi ringtones from http://myt610.lasyk.net/. It is the best site that I have found so far. ;)

MIXMAN3113
Jan 16, 2005, 02:38 AM
does anyone know how to transfer files (ringtones, wallpaper, SMS etc) over blutooth to the sony T608? I have i sync working great and it connects via the bluetooth file exchange, but when i try to send a file, it says file not supported by the phone. what am i doing wrong? thanks
i have the same phone, when i send files over bluetooth, sometimes it says the same thing , i click the proceed anyway or send anyway, whatever the option is. it works most of the time, try and and let me know if it works

ahmadof
Jan 16, 2005, 09:58 AM
i resized the images and tried to send using the BT File exchange. I still got the meassage that the phone did not recognize the files, but i sent anyway. The phone did recognize them and put them in the appropriate folders. Thanks for the link too.