PDA

View Full Version : Airplay Lag?

cdavis11
Nov 22, 2010, 10:53 PM
Anyone seeing the photo sharing lag times? I'm able to show the first photo after initiating airplay of a photo on my iphone, but flipping through the album seldom works well. It is extremely laggy.

LAN in my home is very good - dual band airport extreme with 5Ghz N and 2.4Ghz running b/g/n. Connections are all good, movies run to two aTV 2s just fine, as do photos when shared normally via home sharing.

I want to like Airplay, but I have to say that it's been disappointing so far.

rscott505
Nov 22, 2010, 11:11 PM
I too have noticed a lag. I also tried a slideshow and it was strange. A photo would stay on the screen for a normal amount of time (say 2 or 3 seconds) and then the next photo is on the screen for barely a blink of an eye. Then back to normal for the next photo and then 3 in a row that would barely stay on the screen.

nysus
Nov 23, 2010, 06:04 PM
Airplay was working great on iPad last night. I noticed one laggy photo but as I swiped but wrote it off as an anomaly.

I upgraded my iPhone today and tried it and it's just unusable. The first photo shows up. Then I *might* get a couple of more swipes in before the Apple TV becomes totally unresponsive.

WTF?