PDA

View Full Version : Airplay and streaming audio Pandora

MACWINT
Nov 23, 2010, 04:36 AM
I can use Airplay with videos and audio from my library, but i can't get the streaming to work. When i select apple tv nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas?

cdriskell
Nov 28, 2010, 07:26 AM
I didn't have any problems with airplay and my iPad. It was seamless.

Cartaphilus
Nov 28, 2010, 09:20 AM
I do it by starting Pandora playing through the iPad or iPhone internal speakers then hitting the home button twice to bring up the multi-task bar, swiping left to right, and then selecting the AppleTV or Airport Express/speakers I want to play through from the drop-down menu (icon of a file with an arrow). A similar process works for any other audio that doesn't have Airplay functionality built in.

I'm sure there are better ways, but to find them would mean reading the instructions <shudder>.

QuarterSwede
Nov 28, 2010, 09:21 AM
I do it by starting Pandora playing through the iPad internal speakers then hitting the home button twice to bring up the multi-task bar, swiping left to right, and then selecting the Airport Express/speakers I want to play through from the drop-down menu (icon of a file with an arrow). A similar process works for any other audio that doesn't have Airplay functionality built in.

I'm sure there are better ways, but to find them would mean reading the instructions <shudder>.
That's the same I do and it works perfectly.

grantrobarts
Jan 20, 2011, 01:20 AM
Could someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm looking for a non-existent feature? When I use AirPlay with Pandora, I can only select a single source and I want to pick and choose between about 6 different Apple TVs/Airport Express units.

waw74
Jan 20, 2011, 08:45 AM
Could someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm looking for a non-existent feature? When I use AirPlay with Pandora, I can only select a single source and I want to pick and choose between about 6 different Apple TVs/Airport Express units.

first, please don't dig up an old thread thats mildly related, and add on. Start a new one, it keeps things from getting confusing when people go to answer the old question. and starting a new thread is just as easy.

from an iOS device, you can only stream to one destination at a time
fron iTunes, you can stream to multiple simultaneous locations.

if you want pandora, look into airfoil (http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/), it lets you stream audio from other programs besides iTunes. it will also stream to multiple simultaneous locations. and offers some other options.
stream from:
any one program on mac or windows, or whole system audio
stream to:
airport express
appleTV
iOS app
airfoil speakers - a program that runs on windows mac and linux.

there is about a 2 second delay due to buffering. it's there in iTunes also, but they delay the local interface to match the output.