PDA

View Full Version : X2 - The Threat for Mac OS X

MacBytes
Jan 16, 2005, 12:14 PM
Category: Games
Link: X2 - The Threat for Mac OS X (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20050116131424)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Alukardo
Jan 16, 2005, 12:41 PM
Sounds like a jumped-up Escape Velocity (Ambrosia Software)... Could be very interesting if handled correctly.

dejo
Jan 16, 2005, 12:48 PM
From the headline, I thought X2 was some new, unheard-of OS that was expecting to challenge Mac OS X. It's not. It's just a game called "X2 - The Threat" written for Mac OS X. Maybe the headline should've read "X2 - The Threat, for Mac OS X"

Mord
Jan 16, 2005, 01:21 PM
as did I.

i'd like to try the demo, maybe it will be free with .mac, i hope so.

if it's as good as EV i will be ecstatic.

Marble
Jan 16, 2005, 01:46 PM
Reviews online indicate that it doesn't even come close... Very pretty, though.

Stella
Jan 16, 2005, 02:01 PM
This has been out of PC for years.

I played 'X' which was the first version - an Elite like game. Unfortunately it was flawed (unlike Elite), it took to much time to get in the game. Hopefully this one is better.

Einherjar
Jan 16, 2005, 03:16 PM
I'd buy more Freeverse games if Jen got naked ...iPuppet Strip, anyone? :-D

/needs to go back to FYAD

mainstreetmark
Jan 16, 2005, 04:16 PM
There was a PC game like this called Freelancer (i think) that had the exact mechanics of EV from Ambrosia. Every spaceport had a bar, a jobs board, a shipyard and a place to buy stuff. Oh, and you got to go on quests and meet people and the story would adapt. It was EV, except with immersive 3D.

combatcolin
Jan 16, 2005, 05:26 PM
From the headline, I thought X2 was some new, unheard-of OS that was expecting to challenge Mac OS X. It's not. It's just a game called "X2 - The Threat" written for Mac OS X. Maybe the headline should've read "X2 - The Threat, for Mac OS X"

Same here!!

Sharewaredemon
Jan 16, 2005, 05:38 PM

Me too! but and to add to it I clicked the link then switched to mail, so that when I came back to Safari, I was like, what's this game doing here?

Nermal
Jan 16, 2005, 06:07 PM

Hence the 'Games' tag :)

dejo
Jan 16, 2005, 06:11 PM

I'll be the first to plead guilty for not noticing that.

Sharewaredemon
Jan 16, 2005, 08:33 PM

Noticed it after the fact...

wtmcgee
Jan 16, 2005, 10:47 PM
Still, for a non-gamer, that's a very deceptive headline.

solvs
Jan 16, 2005, 11:03 PM
Scared me there for a second. Should've noticed the sub-heading. :D

Veldek
Jan 17, 2005, 02:23 PM
Wow, when I submitted the link I didn't realize that it would get so many hits just from the fact that I didn't use a comma... :D

combatcolin
Jan 18, 2005, 10:02 AM

well yes :o , but i think people saw "OSX" and "threat" first and clicked in somewhat slight panic and alarm.