PDA

View Full Version : iSub and Apple Pro Speakers..will they..

TheBunnellFarm
Jan 16, 2005, 02:21 PM
I have a G3 iMac Indigo 400 10.3 and a iSub- just a few moments ago I bought, on eBay, a pair of Apple Pro Speakers-

After I bought them I realized that it plainly stated G4 systems..

It looks to me like the plug in to the computer is not the same as my G3

Did they make two different Apple Pro Speakers or is it that the iSub works with both but the smaller Apple Pro Speakers only work with G4

Did they make these small Apple Pro Speakers for my G3

Thanks for any help..

AdamZ
Jan 16, 2005, 03:20 PM
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/ifire/

TheBunnellFarm
Jan 16, 2005, 03:43 PM
I really don't want to go that route, the iSub works great right now along with the built in speakers and the iMac has a common port for external speakers, about any would work, the $30 I paid for the Apple Pro Speakers plus the Griffen-another $30 or $40 is to much for my Grandaughters G3-

It's a great little set(the Imac G3) my grandaughter has, but $70 for these speakers is to much for to little, a nice common set will do nicely for that kind of money..

I will probably just have to resell the Apple Pro's for $35 delivered to somebody and start all over again or lose money and sell them for $30 they are new.

I was sure the origional iMac came with the iSub and Apple Pro's as an option but I guess I am mistaken..thanks..they look great and work great I am sure..I thought we could just plug in the why connection and that was it..no such luck..oh well..thanks again..

SuperChuck
Jan 16, 2005, 04:21 PM
I really don't want to go that route, the iSub works great right now along with the built in speakers and the iMac has a common port for external speakers, about any would work, the $30 I paid for the Apple Pro Speakers plus the Griffen-another $30 or $40 is to much for my Grandaughters G3-

It's a great little set(the Imac G3) my grandaughter has, but $70 for these speakers is to much for to little, a nice common set will do nicely for that kind of money..

I will probably just have to resell the Apple Pro's for $35 delivered to somebody and start all over again or lose money and sell them for $30 they are new.

I was sure the origional iMac came with the iSub and Apple Pro's as an option but I guess I am mistaken..thanks..they look great and work great I am sure..I thought we could just plug in the why connection and that was it..no such luck..oh well..thanks again..

Actually, the option was SoundSticks, which now come bundled with the iSub as SoundSticks 2. They are Harman/Kardon products and you can get them on the Apple store, but they sure aren't cheap. They're pretty nice, though.