Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xheathen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
Hey all, just curious if I screwed something up, changed a setting, or if it's just simply different from one DVD to another.

I've been using MacTheRipper to convert my video files to appleTV format through Handbrake. The first 10 or so in MacTheRipper took like 15 minutes to scan, 30 minutes to extract and another 50 or so to convert to the final file.

All of a sudden, any DVD I put in here now takes like 45 minutes to scan, and like 2 hours to convert.

Is it just the DVD or could something have gone wrong with the super drive? Or is it just one DVD takes longer than another based on how it's been created?

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Hey all, just curious if I screwed something up, changed a setting, or if it's just simply different from one DVD to another.

I've been using MacTheRipper to convert my video files to appleTV format through Handbrake. The first 10 or so in MacTheRipper took like 15 minutes to scan, 30 minutes to extract and another 50 or so to convert to the final file.

All of a sudden, any DVD I put in here now takes like 45 minutes to scan, and like 2 hours to convert.

Is it just the DVD or could something have gone wrong with the super drive? Or is it just one DVD takes longer than another based on how it's been created?

In My experience some DVD's take longer then others to process.

You can always go back and re-work one that you know worked fast before and try it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.