PDA

View Full Version : Full Mod Review: Metaball 1.02 for UT2004, Taking a look at ...

MacBytes
Jan 16, 2005, 10:25 PM
Category: Games
Link: Full Mod Review: Metaball 1.02 for UT2004, Taking a look at the MSU 2nd place finisher (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20050116232524)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Nermal
Jan 16, 2005, 11:41 PM
How do you install this? I downloaded the mod, unzipped it, and got an exe file (which StuffIt Expander won't open).

nagromme
Jan 17, 2005, 12:05 AM
I forget how I installed it... I don't recall a problem except that you need a Mac launcher. (There's a universal Mac launcher out there called "UTModLauncher".)

Did you get a bunch of files AND an .exe? If so, ignore the .exe--it's the Windows launcher.

Anyway, it's a fun mod--though the Speed levels don't work, as the review says.

Nermal
Jan 17, 2005, 12:08 AM
Did you get a bunch of files AND an .exe? If so, ignore the .exe--it's the Windows launcher.

No, I just got the exe and a readme.txt that tells me to run the exe.

Santaduck
Jan 17, 2005, 03:10 AM
How do you install this? I downloaded the mod, unzipped it, and got an exe file (which StuffIt Expander won't open).

Hi Nermal.

I added a clarification on installation after my review.

I suspect you'll have to redownload the manual ZIP instead, (although some self-extracting .exe archives do open up under Stuffit Expander).

Nermal
Jan 17, 2005, 03:17 AM
Grr. My connection's going really slow at the moment, because the phone company has overallocated the available bandwidth. Any idea what format it's in? I might be able to extract it using command-line RAR or something.

Santaduck
Jan 17, 2005, 05:43 PM
sry i never looked at the .exe self-installer.

If stuffit expander doesn't work, I don't know what format it's in.

Often you can use VPC and create a c:\ut2004 folder (not on a shared folder), and that'll be good enough for some mod installers... then move over the extracted files.