Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmunz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
I've pretty much moved to the iPad for my business travel. The only hitch is getting to my historical e-mail. I use webmail to access the work system (which performs perfectly on iPad Safari) but we are only allowed to keep 45 days worth of messages on the network. Anything older that you want to keep must be moved to a local drive. This is not accessible from webmail.

I have installed dropbox on my work laptop so I can get to files, I'm just not sure if there is a way to open the PST and pull e-mail out.

Any known options or solutions?

TIA
DLM

polaris20

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
I've pretty much moved to the iPad for my business travel. The only hitch is getting to my historical e-mail. I use webmail to access the work system (which performs perfectly on iPad Safari) but we are only allowed to keep 45 days worth of messages on the network. Anything older that you want to keep must be moved to a local drive. This is not accessible from webmail.

I have installed dropbox on my work laptop so I can get to files, I'm just not sure if there is a way to open the PST and pull e-mail out.

Any known options or solutions?

TIA
DLM

Not that I'm aware of. There are a couple options; a terminal services system like MS's own Terminal Services, or Citrix's XenApp, which is what we use, and it's amazing.

If your work doesn't have those resources, you may check into Logmein.com, which has an iPad app that works well, and allows you to remotely access your computer, so you could log in remotely and use Outlook there.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You may want to move your history into another mail server like gmail, mm etc.
Then acces that mail server as a second mail account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.