Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
I know this sounds pretty basic, but......How do I get photos from my PC into my iPad?

I am really very new to all this so I am looking for a step by step "how to".

Also, if part of the answer involves getting pictures from the PC into itunes.....don't assume I know that either. I really need a how to starting from scratch!

Thanks!

:confused:

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
I know this sounds pretty basic, but......How do I get photos from my PC into my iPad?

I am really very new to all this so I am looking for a step by step "how to".

Also, if part of the answer involves getting pictures from the PC into itunes.....don't assume I know that either. I really need a how to starting from scratch!

Thanks!

:confused:

You do know how to open itunes, correct? Connect the iPad. Highlight the ipad under devices in itunes and select photos. Choose the photo directory to sync and sync it.

Cheers,

BigJeff100

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2010
Indonesia
getting photos fromPC into iPad

I've tried and tried from my PC using iTunes.
Doesn't work.
I sync, it backups, sync and then says no photos?
is there special format required - I'm using jpgs?

frustrated

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
I've tried and tried from my PC using iTunes.
Doesn't work.
I sync, it backups, sync and then says no photos?
is there special format required - I'm using jpgs?

frustrated

jpg files are fine. When you are in itunes and highlight the ipad and you select photos you've checked sync photos from and then you've selected the folder/directory containing the pictures from the drop down list?

You then click apply at the bottom of the page? That's it. If that doesn't work, all I can think of is to re-install itunes.

Cheers,

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
More questions!

jpg files are fine. When you are in itunes and highlight the ipad and you select photos you've checked sync photos from and then you've selected the folder/directory containing the pictures from the drop down list?

You then click apply at the bottom of the page? That's it. If that doesn't work, all I can think of is to re-install itunes.

Cheers,

Thanks everybody for your questions and suggestions.

I am still having a little bit of trouble. Where in itunes do i click on "iPad."?? I don't see it anywhere.

Also, if I have to reinstall itunes.....how do i do that.....and so itunes also recognizes my ipad?

Thanks!

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
Thanks everybody for your questions and suggestions.

I am still having a little bit of trouble. Where in itunes do i click on "iPad."?? I don't see it anywhere.

Also, if I have to reinstall itunes.....how do i do that.....and so itunes also recognizes my ipad?

Thanks!

Ok.....i have found "iPad" under devices.....but "Photos" is not listed there.

You had suggested to reinstall itunes.....how do you reinstall itunes? Will that fix the problem (the problem being that "photos" is not listed under devices.")

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
Ok.....i have found "iPad" under devices.....but "Photos" is not listed there.

You had suggested to reinstall itunes.....how do you reinstall itunes? Will that fix the problem (the problem being that "photos" is not listed under devices.")

Photos are not listed under devices. With iPad selected, a screen to your right will open and one of the selections in the upper right of that screen is photos.

Cheers,

Attachments

• itunes.jpg
    itunes.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 82
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.