PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't this be cool?

tjwett
Aug 30, 2002, 01:48 PM
I think it would be awesome to have an application that could search the contents of a shared folder in people's iDisks. Like Limewire only it doesn't search Gnutella or whatever, it just searches .mac iDisks. It would be a great way to do Mac-only file sharing with drag and drop transactions. Is something like this even possible?

LimeiBook86
Aug 30, 2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by tjwett
I think it would be awesome to have an application that could search the contents of a shared folder in people's iDisks. Like Limewire only it doesn't search Gnutella or whatever, it just searches .mac iDisks. It would be a great way to do Mac-only file sharing with drag and drop transactions. Is something like this even possible?
I think that would be cool, PC people will be mad, hee hee hee, but only people who pay for their .Mac account would have an iDisk. So that would limit the amount of users, plus most people will only have 100mb of space, so you wouldn't find "pirated software" if thats what you were looking for :rolleyes: But some people can pay for more iDisk space, I woun't use mine, I need it for my webpage, I think I only have 174k left, lol! Well I hope the search thing you dream of, only searches in their PUBLIC folders, I wouldn't want people looking in my iDisk at my photos and movies. I guess it would be a good idea, but maybe Apple might catch on and develop anti-picracy software for your Mac or iDisk. But I dolubt they will becuase CD-Roms are about 650 or 700 MB and your iDisk is usualy 100MB so unless you stuff every single file into a tiny stuffit file then maybe it would be cool. But if you set-up some kind of system where people request files from a list, and then you put it up at a certain time for them to download, that would be pretty neat. I think it's a good idea, but why have that when you can just setup a public webpage and have people download files from their iDisk's pub lic folder. I do see how haveing a searching program for iDisks would be awsome, I think your onto something, and I like it! ;)