Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arkmannj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
UT
Hello,

We have several AppleID accounts in our home, I'm looking into the MobileMe Family pack, but I would really like everyone to still be able to use their current AppleID's to login with (at least the subaccount anyway)
Also, if they register their iPod Touches, iPhones, iPads, computers in the sub accounts Would I with the master account still be able to find them, and for the computers remotely connect ?

Thanks for any thoughts or assistance!
~Ark

Cancelled
May 21, 2009
I tried asking once and was told that all I can do is consolidate all my Apple devices to one Apple ID, but the two IDs are separate and will always remain that way. Stupid, I know.

helloimsteve

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2010
Hello,

We have several AppleID accounts in our home, I'm looking into the MobileMe Family pack, but I would really like everyone to still be able to use their current AppleID's to login with (at least the subaccount anyway)
Also, if they register their iPod Touches, iPhones, iPads, computers in the sub accounts Would I with the master account still be able to find them, and for the computers remotely connect ?

Thanks for any thoughts or assistance!
~Ark

You can use your AppleID as a MobileMe member name, you just need to register with the name that your Apple ID is.

With the sub-accounts, you would not be able to access their locations unless you have the account added onto your device or know the password to the sub-accounts. You can access it at me.com/find.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.