Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Now that we can have a background alarm/timer what are some good iPad 4.2 ready Alarm Apps?

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
May I recommend Nightstand Central? Disclosure: I'm the dev. :D

Was OoT for Thanksgiving and look/tested several. Nightstand Central wins hands down. I will be buying it for my iPad and iPhone tomorrow.

Could you please add 1 feature: Timer countdown to the same progressive alarm. This would be great for taking a nap.;)

Also would be nice to offer a auto background change to black when screen is dimmed (by swipe) to a low level.

csnplt

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2008
Chicago Area
I have it for both the iPhone and the iPad and love it
I use it on the iPhone as my nightstand clock and alarm every night

Thanks!

Was OoT for Thanksgiving and look/tested several. Nightstand Central wins hands down. I will be buying it for my iPad and iPhone tomorrow.

Could you please add 1 feature: Timer countdown to the same progressive alarm. This would be great for taking a nap.;)

Also would be nice to offer a auto background change to black when screen is dimmed (by swipe) to a low level.

Thanks for the suggestions, Julien. The black background used to appear when the screen was totally dimmed, but I took that out in one of the last updates. I can bring that back, though.

By the timer feature, do you mean that you'd like to set an alarm x minutes into the future? Sure, I can add that!

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
...By the timer feature, do you mean that you'd like to set an alarm x minutes into the future? Sure, I can add that!

Correct, like on the iPhone OEM clock. You can set for any time, say 20 minutes and the timer counts down and the alarm goes off. Just make sure it's the progressive increase type alarm (same as your regular alarm). Waking up "gently" is one FANTASTIC feature.:D

Also the timer function should probobly only be in the paid version for extra incentive.;)

Pulling the trigger on the iPhone paid and iPad paid versions now. You definitely earned my purchase on these Apps.

Looking forward to the timer update and will give 5 star as soon as it's out (it' a 4 star now to me because I "need" the timer function so will wait to rate), thanks.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
On the iPhone App when I hit the weather icon I get a 3 day extended forecast. I don't get this on the iPad App. Am I missing something?

Idea: Offer an in App purchase of a 50 or so add on sounds pack for 99¢.

stuartmeyers

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
Sydney
At least you disclose it! :D

+1 on that quote.

Dev, you must be happy that a thread is about your app. I was actually testing the app last night for my wife and her new iphone. Think I will get the full version.

Can you set a default alarm sound so that whatever you select, its the standard option for new alarms instead of the church bells?

csnplt

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2008
Chicago Area
On the iPhone App when I hit the weather icon I get a 3 day extended forecast. I don't get this on the iPad App. Am I missing something?

Idea: Offer an in App purchase of a 50 or so add on sounds pack for 99¢.

You're right. I never got to adding the extended weather forecast to the iPad app. I'll fix that in one of the next updates.

That's actually a really good idea. I've tried to keep the sounds to a minimum because of the 20 MB application limit (for 3G downloads). There's a lot more I'd like to add, and if I do it this way, I won't need to worry about the file size going up.

Correct, like on the iPhone OEM clock. You can set for any time, say 20 minutes and the timer counts down and the alarm goes off. Just make sure it's the progressive increase type alarm (same as your regular alarm). Waking up "gently" is one FANTASTIC feature.:D

Also the timer function should probobly only be in the paid version for extra incentive.;)

Pulling the trigger on the iPhone paid and iPad paid versions now. You definitely earned my purchase on these Apps.

Looking forward to the timer update and will give 5 star as soon as it's out (it' a 4 star now to me because I "need" the timer function so will wait to rate), thanks.

Thanks! I'm actually really busy right now (not related to my app), but I'll try to add the timer feature in the next several weeks.

+1 on that quote.

Dev, you must be happy that a thread is about your app. I was actually testing the app last night for my wife and her new iphone. Think I will get the full version.

Can you set a default alarm sound so that whatever you select, its the standard option for new alarms instead of the church bells?

Yeah, I'm happy :) I'm sorry if I hijacked the thread, though.

No, currently, all new alarms have a default sound of "Church Bells". Would you like it if I just automatically set the last used alarm sound for newly added alarms?

Another vote 4 Nightstand Central. I use both (iP4 & iPad) and love the App.

Thanks! I really appreciate all of the support!

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
May I recommend Nightstand Central? Disclosure: I'm the dev. :D

I clicked the link and contributed my 99 cents. Works as advertised. The link in your sig was for the iPhone version (or universal version I guess).

What am I missing that is in the iPad version for $2.99?

For what it's worth, the iPhone version allows me to go to sleep with my music playing on my ipad and I'm digging it. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.