Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sugarray3000

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Hey guys got my ultimate yesterday. Used it while charging and closed down for the night but kept it connected to the charging adopter. The light of the adaptor was green this morning but when I opened it it only showed 96% of battery. Anyone got a solution ?

Sugarray

foiden

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2008
Hey guys got my ultimate yesterday. Used it while charging and closed down for the night but kept it connected to the charging adopter. The light of the adaptor was green this morning but when I opened it it only showed 96% of battery. Anyone got a solution ?

Sugarray

Seems like nothing a good Battery conditioning couldn't do. There have been others, who wondered about the battery when they just got it, and pretty much all were solved by doing the typical battery reset, which helps that indicator.

Basically, what you'll want to do is to just use it without the plug, let it run down all the way until it warns you about low battery. Then continue to leave it sitting until it's forced to go into low battery sleep. If you can, you may want to let it sit for a bit after that. Then plug it in, power it up and let it charge to full charge (you can freely use it, while it does that), once it's charged, I believe some say to leave it plugged in for another hour or so. That should condition the battery and things should be as expected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.