Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CLAUDE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Hi,

I am looking for a software that would convert document to HTML. Basically, I have a mailing list of about 700 susbscribers and want to send them basic HTML e-mails with a background color, an unsubscribe link and possibly some coloured fonts, nothing more. I have absolutely no knowledge of HTML.
I am wondering if there is any software (preferably freeware, shareware or donationware) which allows me to create a document with background colour and so on, and then lets me convert it to HTML with a simple click.

I know there are some software that do it like Dreamweaver, but obviously I don't want to spend a lot of money on such a software, knowing that I will never fully use it.

My requirements are: reasonable price and ease of use...something a 10 year old could use.

Thanks for your help.

Claude

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Uhm what is your target audience for said mailing list? HTML emails really annoy anyone with much tech experience so you might want to reconsider or at least provide an option of text only or HTML.

What email program do you use? Most should compose HTML emails anyway negating the need for any other software.

Alternatively just find a simple HTML tutorial and within an hour you'll be able to do the basic HTML editing you want to do by yourself.

CLAUDE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Converting to HTML

jaseone said:
Uhm what is your target audience for said mailing list? HTML emails really annoy anyone with much tech experience so you might want to reconsider or at least provide an option of text only or HTML.

What email program do you use? Most should compose HTML emails anyway negating the need for any other software.

Alternatively just find a simple HTML tutorial and within an hour you'll be able to do the basic HTML editing you want to do by yourself.

The target audience? well a bit of everything from students to doctors...

What alternative to sending HTML e-mails is there? Am I suppose to send an attachment? That would be worst I think.

At the moment, I am using MaxBulk Mailer....and the only option to "making an e-mail more pleasant" is to use HTML otherwise it is black and white.....and no unsubscribe link.

Well, it looks like I am going to have to look at a tutorial.....and this will take me more than an hour :)

CLAUDE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Converting to HTML

i found a solution:
Mozilla has a built in e-mail composer. ( click on Window and select Composer).

You can then create an e-mail with colours and unsubscribe links per example. At the bottom of the Composer screen, there are four tabs and one (HTML source) allows to see the HTML code. By copying/pasting, it is then possible to paste the code into a bulk mailer. The code seems to be "clean", unlike HTML code you can get from Microsoft Word.

Mozilla will defenitely save me the time I would have spent trying to write HTML code myself.

I hope this post will be helpfull to others.

Claude

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.