PDA

View Full Version : MBA screen white spec/wobble/creak

Mars478
Nov 27, 2010, 09:20 PM
I purchased this MacBook Air (after returning my 2.8 i7 MacBook Pro after 3 defective replacements as an intermediate computer until sandy bridge) and I noticed that at about a 45 angle there is a white spec in the screen but straight on it is not visible. It's not that annoying but now that I have noticed it it will be annoying me.
Also on this Air the computer wobbles. Should I get a replacement? I really would choose not to because I love this computer (A LOT more than my previous MBP) I seem to be such an unlucky person to get so many defective Apple computers :/
Thank you :)
[Attached is a picture of the spec]

[UPDATE] This computer also creaks. Could this be fixed by reseating the bottom plate with the 5-point torx drivers I bought?

teski
Nov 27, 2010, 09:39 PM
For the white spec, probably not. It's most likely a stuck pixel and you can work around that. For the wobbling? absolutely! BTW, have you checked multiple surfaces? On different places on my granite or tile it may wobble a little because they aren't 100% perfect flat. But on my tables, desk, etc. it's rock solid with no rocking.

If yours wobbles, definitely exchange it.