Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FAsnakes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Today i stopped by my local computer store to look for the impossible Torx 5 Security bit - to tighten up my MBA..

After talking with the sales guys and trying a ton of torx bits, none of which worked - one of the sales associates took me to their service center.

When i got back there they sent some guy out - apparently he's the only 'Apple certified' person at the store. He said, he had some special access to Apple technical documents.. He logged into their site and showed me a document on the MBA.
A chapter in the .pdf was on disassembly.. When he clicked on that chapter his internet connection went out so we couldn't see the chapter..

Does anyone on here have access to that doc?

Thanks,

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
You can usually find the repair manuals on ebay, which include a list of tools needed for service.

pwolfe

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2007
the site you are talking about is called gsx. You have to be an aasp to access it

scenemissing

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
The manuals that wou saw are part of the Service Source program. Apple Authorized Service techs get access to the web site, which has them for every Apple product ever made. For whatever reason, Apple is super paranoid about letting them out to the general public, and sends takedown notices to the sites that repost them. If you find a site, go ahead and get them quickly.

If you want an alternative manual, try ifixit.com. They do a wiki type thing, but they are good quality from what I have seen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.