Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AeroBar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
Hello,

I have a question about organising genres and artwork.

AppleTV groups all the seasons of a TV Show under the series title and then seperates them by season with the the season artwork. When scrolling through the list of TV Shows AppleTV displays the artwork of whatever season is first.

Is it possible to add a new artwork for an entire series, but still have the individual season artwork display for each season?

Regards

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Hello,

I have a question about organising genres and artwork.

AppleTV groups all the seasons of a TV Show under the series title and then seperates them by season with the the season artwork. When scrolling through the list of TV Shows AppleTV displays the artwork of whatever season is first.

Is it possible to add a new artwork for an entire series, but still have the individual season artwork display for each season?

Regards

Hi

Are you refering to the new AppleTV or the old one? I can't really comment on the old one since I never had it.

As for the new AppleTV, I do all the organization on itunes myself so I can tell you how the AppleTV displays them.

The AppleTV displays the series by season, and the respective artwork for each season.

I don't know if it displays it like that because of the way I organize it on itunes or if thats how it is.

Basically I click on the TV shows tabs and I get each series displayed by season. I dont have to click the series then go to season, It just displays a list of TV seasons and when you highlight on, it displays the artwork on the left side.

Thanks
AE

AeroBar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
aelalfy,

Thanks for responding.

I'm talking about the 1st generation AppleTV.

In iTunes TV shows are displayed by season, but on my AppleTV they are displayed by the show - which is then subdivided by seasons.

It is the same on the iPhone 4.

I used a series preview from a show and deleted the season number and gave it new artwork. I then synced it to my iPhone 4 and AppleTV.

On the iPhone the artwork for the preview is displayed in the the video list and the regular artwork appears beside the episodes. However, although the preview episode artwork is displayed as the series artwork in the AppleTV Cover Flow, it is not the displayed image in the list under My TV Shows.

It also not the image that appears in the TV show list for either device.

I've gave up on the idea as it makes iTunes a bit untidy. However, I would like to know why the wrong image appears in AppleTV.

Anybody got any ideas?

Regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.