PDA

View Full Version : Can't download Xcode 3.2.4

rlherrick
Nov 28, 2010, 01:17 PM
Just bought first mac, attempting to learn C and go on from there. Using the book "Learn C on the Mac" by Dave Mark. I have the apple ID and I registered on Mac Dev Center. When I try to download the dev tools I get 'Access Denied". Are these tools no longer free? I think I have registered all that I need to and it doesn't tell me why I am denied. Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong ? Thank you.

robbieduncan
Nov 28, 2010, 01:19 PM
They are free, but it may take a few hours for your account status to update on the Apple servers. In the mean time there is an Developer Tools installer (maybe a couple of versions out of date) on the Restore DVD that came with your Mac. For learning having the absolutely latest version is not critical.

mac2x
Nov 28, 2010, 01:21 PM
Download the Xcode + iOS SDK from the iOS Dev Center. I sometimes get the same message from the Mac OS Dev Center, but not from the iOS side.

wpotere
Nov 28, 2010, 01:25 PM
Nope, I am getting the same error on my account and I have been a member for a few years now. Something isn't right....

However, as mentioned, you can install XCode off of your OS install DVD and then start from there. Updates won't give you all that much change and if you are just starting it is no big deal.

wpotere
Nov 28, 2010, 01:27 PM
Download the Xcode + iOS SDK from the iOS Dev Center. I sometimes get the same message from the Mac OS Dev Center, but not from the iOS side.

LOL, I tried that and it worked! Go figure....

rlherrick
Nov 28, 2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks to both of you. I learned something from both.

My ID was created several days ago so I think the link on Mac Dev is somewhat broke. But its good to know at least some version is available on the restored DVD.

I went to the IOS Dev center and the download is coming down now. Noticed its 3.2.5 there when it was 3.2.4 in Mac Dev.

Thanks again, terrific response and help.