Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBryton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
Hey guys, I have had HandyLight for a while and ever since I software updated to 4.2.1, HandyLight hasn't worked since! Does anybody know how to solve this problem? I will reward an iTunes Card to the person that solves my issue.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Hey guys, I have had HandyLight for a while and ever since I software updated to 4.2.1, HandyLight hasn't worked since! Does anybody know how to solve this problem? I will reward an iTunes Card to the person that solves my issue.

HandyLight is no longer in the App Store (thus no more updates). If your iPhone is jailbroken just buy MyWi or PDANet from the Cydia Store.

iBryton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
HandyLight is no longer in the App Store (thus no more updates). If your iPhone is jailbroken just buy MyWi or PDANet from the Cydia Store.

Yes, though do you think the Software patched this application or there is a new step?

iBryton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
I prefer not to jailbreak if I could find a solution to this problem, if I cannot, can anybody refer me to a jailbreak for iPhone 4?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I stated above I am on 4.2.1, I always update to the latest software

Then Redsn0w is your choice. It's a tethered jailbreak, meaning every time your iPhone needs to reboot or the battery dies, you need to run Redsn0w to turn it back on.

jasonforisrael

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2008
many apps quit working after software upgrades, until the developers upgrade the app itself

this app is no longer in the store so app upgrades are not possible. you'll have to wait for a decent jailbreak for 4.2.1.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
Good to know. I guess I'll stay on 4.1 for a while. Definitely not going to jailbreak, done that and IMO it's extremely overrated and always leads to issues.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Good to know. I guess I'll stay on 4.1 for a while. Definitely not going to jailbreak, done that and IMO it's extremely overrated and always leads to issues.

that's because you are not tech savy enough to not run into problems, I always jb and never have any real issues...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.