Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocks.

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
The previous versions of the incase slider have been said to badly scratch your iPod, and that it is near impossible to remove once you put it on. Has anyone gotten the 4th gen case, and are these problems fixed?

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
According to a youtube review, it's easier to get off than the previous versions.

Blackened

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
The one for the 4g is so easy to get off, you have to be careful or it will pull off by itself. does not snap or lock in place.. poor design. still love the case though.

Rocks.

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
The one for the 4g is so easy to get off, you have to be careful or it will pull off by itself. does not snap or lock in place.. poor design. still love the case though.

That's the bottom piece though. What about the top piece? Is it easy to take off? And does it scratch the iPod?

lhlee96

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2009
Sydney
Incase Slider

The Incase Slider is easier to remove than previous generations, and it no longer lifts the iPod's screen protector when it is being installed. There is no audible sound or 'snap' when the two pieces are put together but the two pieces are secure and will not fall out.

I've had the Slider for a month and it does not scratch the iPod. However, I recommend that if you do get the case, that you should clean it out once in a while (perhaps once every week or fortnight) to prevent debris from being trapped between the iPod and the case itself.

Here are some images of the case below:

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

kinderfeld

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2010
I just installed it, the thing is super TIGHT, no way it is slipping off.

I couldn't even take it off, dunno how the previous posters saying its easy. It could be that its brand new and hasn't been broken in yet, but the initial install is really tight.

Also installed Power Support screen protector and the Slider didn't interfere with it.

Good case though, handsome and light-weight.

EDIT: oh don't mean to have confusion but i had the click when i attached the bottom piece to the top, shrug YMMV

Daki

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2010
I have this case as well. The main upper part of the case fits very tightly, but the bottom is very loose and does not click shut. It doesn't fall off when I shake it, but mine does come off with the slightest touch. I ended up putting a business card sized piece of paper in between the case and the ipod (actually the instructions for the little stand that came with the case). I would point out that I don't have a screen protector on my ipod, so that may be a difference.

lhlee96

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2009
Sydney
You might have gotten a defunct case-- mine fits perfectly and I tried it on before putting on the screen protector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.