PDA

View Full Version : When will the iPod shuffle be available in Stores?

neoelectronaut
Jan 18, 2005, 10:34 AM
Today is my first class of Computer Graphics 1 in college, and I've been instructed to get a USB Flash Drive.

Well, I've been wanting to get a iPod for some time now, so I figure this will be a good chance to kill two birds with one stone.

I have a $50 gift card for CompUSA, so I can get a 512MB iPod shuffle for $50, or even the 1GB iPod shuffle for $100. I can use 1/2 for class files and 1/2 for music, etc.

So, when will the iPod shuffle be available at retailers?

robbieduncan
Jan 18, 2005, 10:47 AM
I believe some Apple Stores in the US have stock of the 512Mb model now. When it will be available in resellers, well could be a little while...

debo
Jan 18, 2005, 10:49 AM
My Apple store said Saturday.

neoelectronaut
Jan 18, 2005, 10:55 AM
Well I'm just asking 'cause the CompUSA website has the iPod Shuffle(s) listed as "Coming Soon".

Bear
Jan 18, 2005, 11:10 AM
My local store had some last week and sold out on Friday. They should be getting more any day now.

Each Apple Store (in the US) probably has had at least one shipment already. And most of them have probably sold out of their first shipment. Your best bet is to get in touch with whatever store you want to buy it from...or just order it online from Apple. Ordering it may take longer right now, but it'll save you the time spent hunting one down in a store.

neoelectronaut
Jan 18, 2005, 11:13 AM
Well the entire point of me buying from CompUSA is that I have a Gift Card to use...so yeah.

I might drop by on the way home from school today and see if I can't reserve one or anything.

memphismac
Jan 18, 2005, 12:06 PM
I was in the Memphis/Germantown store yesterday and the sales people were looking at a few in their hands, but they're not on the floor yet.

madmaxmedia
Jan 18, 2005, 12:28 PM
Can you use the gift card online? If so, that may be faster than hoping to get one in store (they could get a shipment in and sell out before you got there.)

I ordered a 512 MB from Amazon (I had a $25 voucher), currently it estimates February 20th as shipping date. I'm sure it will be sooner, but who knows when...

Are the Shuffle earbuds the same as the regular iPod earbuds? They don't fit in my ear, so I figured I could sell them unused for about $20 on EBay. That drops the price even more...what a deal for a 512 MB player!!

the_mole1314
Jan 18, 2005, 12:43 PM
This Saturday according to my Apple Store, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get a 'surprise' shipment today or tomorrow.

neoelectronaut
Jan 18, 2005, 12:55 PM
Oh well, I think I'll just go ahead and pick up a plain 'ol flashdrive.

Thanks anyway.