PDA

View Full Version : solution for cracking?

sugarray3000
Nov 29, 2010, 07:46 AM
Hey guys do anyone knows is there is a solution for the cracking sound? well of course I could ask for a replacement but besides the cracking i dont have any problems with the ultimate 13": no screen issue, no wobbling, i even got the 9CDF screen, so maybe the next one would be with one of these issues??

I got a friend who has a screwdriver which fits my MBA but im not a technic-kind of guy, so i don't know if i should try to tighten the buttomplate to get rid of the cracking??

What would you do? anyone solved the cracking with a screwdriver?

Sugarray

gonzoguy24
Nov 29, 2010, 08:02 AM
Hey guys do anyone knows is there is a solution for the cracking sound? well of course I could ask for a replacement but besides the cracking i dont have any problems with the ultimate 13": no screen issue, no wobbling, i even got the 9CDF screen, so maybe the next one would be with one of these issues??

I got a friend who has a screwdriver which fits my MBA but im not a technic-kind of guy, so i don't know if i should try to tighten the buttomplate to get rid of the cracking??

What would you do? anyone solved the cracking with a screwdriver?

Sugarray

You can try bringing it in to an Apple Store to have it re-seated. I did this and it improved creaking a bit but not enough. Since there was a large number of people without ANY creaking, I requested a new MBA.

If you are going to tighten the screws I would google the process used for other Macbooks. As an engineer I would advise not to tighten any more than "snug tight." Do not overtighten!