PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air - problem with system hang

Hanni46
Nov 29, 2010, 12:57 PM
I've got a big problem with my macbook air.

Sometimes when I am using my mac the system totally hang.
I can't move cursor and keyboard. Only button which works is 'power button'.

System is Snow Leopard and it's after install.

I hope that you will help me.

Jacob

Hanni46
Nov 30, 2010, 05:55 AM
Nobody knows???

KPOM
Nov 30, 2010, 06:08 AM
Does it happen when you are opening it up from sleep? Do a search here, as there are a number of us who had "wake from sleep" issues. The only solution we could figure out was to have Apple replace it. If you give us more details (what are you running, which model MacBook Air, etc.) we may be able to figure out if that's the issue you are having, or if something else is causing it.

Hanni46
Nov 30, 2010, 10:31 AM
Does it happen when you are opening it up from sleep? Do a search here, as there are a number of us who had "wake from sleep" issues. The only solution we could figure out was to have Apple replace it. If you give us more details (what are you running, which model MacBook Air, etc.) we may be able to figure out if that's the issue you are having, or if something else is causing it.

It's not when after opening from sleep.
This state is often when I use my computer. I see that often when I am using Safari and it really makes me angry.

My computer is:
-Macbook Air 1st generation.
-Snow Leopard system.

Hope you will help me.
:confused:

T4R06
Nov 30, 2010, 01:02 PM
Try to do a fresh install.. Wipe your HD..

KPOM
Nov 30, 2010, 01:26 PM
The latest release of Safari is a little unstable at times and some of us have reported crashes or system freezes. Are you playing Flash videos? Flash also crashes a lot. I'd suggest going into Disk Utilities and try Repair Permissions. Also, do a search on Apple's website for how to reset the SMC and PRAM. They might not do anything but they won't hurt and might help.

MikhailT
Nov 30, 2010, 01:36 PM
It's not when after opening from sleep.
This state is often when I use my computer. I see that often when I am using Safari and it really makes me angry.

My computer is:
-Macbook Air 1st generation.
-Snow Leopard system.

Hope you will help me.
:confused:

If you wait for 5-10 minutes after the hang, does it turn into a kernel panic?

Do you sometime have a hard time booting into OS X? Was the boot sometime long?

You may have a faulty SSD like I did, the only resolution is to take it to the Apple store and have it replaced.

einmusiker
Nov 30, 2010, 01:39 PM

I was having this problem big time this weekend. so you got yours replaced?

Hanni46
Dec 1, 2010, 11:56 AM
I have reset SMC and NVRAM but it didn't help.

I don't know what to do.

This problem really annoys me.
And this system is fresh after reinstall.

Seawolf8080
Dec 1, 2010, 12:29 PM
Nobody knows???

the shadow knows

KPOM
Dec 1, 2010, 12:38 PM
I was having this problem big time this weekend. so you got yours replaced?

Yes, it was happening all the time with the first one I received, so I set up an appointment at the Genius Bar and they replaced it on the spot.

MikhailT
Dec 13, 2010, 05:22 PM
I have reset SMC and NVRAM but it didn't help.

I don't know what to do.

This problem really annoys me.
And this system is fresh after reinstall.

Go replace it at the Apple Store, I did and I havenít had a system hang in a week and trust me, I abused the hell out of it.