Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Just installed Jaguar, it's quite nice. Everything is a big speed improvement (although I believe I need to optomiz my drive, but that's another question fo ranother thread I guess) but one thing is sluggish: my dock. It's not when I'm 'browsing' through it (like side to side) that's nice and fast (faster than 10.1) but it's when it's hidden, it takes longer to pop up. I mean it isn't like taking me ages, but there is a noticeable time delay. Any ideas on fixing it? (I'm thinking or restarting my dock, think that might help?)

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Re: Jaguar and my Dock...

Originally posted by shadowfax0
Just installed Jaguar, it's quite nice. Everything is a big speed improvement (although I believe I need to optomiz my drive, but that's another question fo ranother thread I guess) but one thing is sluggish: my dock. It's not when I'm 'browsing' through it (like side to side) that's nice and fast (faster than 10.1) but it's when it's hidden, it takes longer to pop up. I mean it isn't like taking me ages, but there is a noticeable time delay. Any ideas on fixing it? (I'm thinking or restarting my dock, think that might help?)
This seems to be a software problem more than hardware. I have heard numerous complaints about frame-skipping and performance issues with it hidden.

The only way to fix it would be to not have it hidden or wait for the next update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.